[access-uk] Re: creative Soundblaster

  • From: "Audrey Tonge" <audrey.tonge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:02:08 +0100

HI Andy,

Yes, this should be possible, as you already have your onboard soundcard enabled. A lot of people, when they get another sound card installed by someone, get the old card disabled as the person installing it thinks they can't want 2 of them. I had the devil's own job explaining this to the last technician that installed soundcards on my PC. My advice at this stage, would be to make the new card the default card and the onboard card the backup. If you are using Jaws, you will need to insert a line into the INI file that tells jaws to go to the onboard card. You will also need an extra small pair of speakers or separate headphones to hear jaws from another source. Let me know if you need further help.

Audrey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>