[access-uk] count ourselves lucky

  • From: william lomas <lomaswilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 13:27:27 +0100

Imagine this.
You have sighted family members, as I do, who are sadly out of work now. All they get is 40 pounds a week. 40 pounds, a week? Us, as the blind get a lot more money than they do we are to greedy be grateful we even get money due to our disability paid for by the taxworker! If they cut the care component and make us accept help from social services for shopping, housework etc. I think we should go for it. that way we are showing we actually need the care component as part of our DLA. When the high rate of Mobility component comes into play we are gettingmore than enough it is just in my view, greed, and due to the recession unfortunately cutbacks will ahve to be made and I think that the disabled will be the ones to get them. Even if this motion doesn't go through with cuts of attendance and or DLA allowance, we will get some cuts I am sure of it, in other benefits. The government want us all off benifits and looking for work I read that Incapacity and Income support are inactive benifits

Will