[access-uk] complex port forwarding question

  • From: orhan deniz <orhan.deniz63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:18:00 +0100

hello list,
I'm trying to run a team talk server on my own IP, using a dns server. I have
two  port forwarding questions.
1. when i forward the port to my laptop, the port seems to be blocked when i
use a port detection tool. is there any way what  i can see what   the internal
IP is on the network?
2. this is a team talk question, more than anything. team talk users know that
there is a TCP port and a UDP port required to run and connect to a server. My
question is: when i set the router to TCP and UDP, there are two port boxes.
should i enter the TCP port number in to the lan port area and the UDP port in
to the public port area?
i'm using a Belkin wireless router if anyone is curious.

this may be a bit technical for some of you, but help will be appreciated.
thanks in advance,

orhan.