[access-uk] comodo firewall

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 19:46:51 +0100

Hi all.

Thanks to Chris for suggesting this one.

I tried this running JAWS version 8.0.2107

Installation was possible with few problems for me really but I would give the
installation  process about 3.5 out of 5

First, there were 2 buttons with graphics labels associated with them who's
purpose I am not sure of.  Secondly, although the license was recognised as a
read only box, I could not actually read its contents.  Pressing enter on next
does not work, you need to press spacebar.

You could not tab to something that was a change destination button when
installing Comodo in order to change the folder into which the software is to
be installed or the program group within the start menu.

After the installation was complete I got a message that popped up asking me if
I wanted Skype to run.  I could tab through this box, but it did not have a
title that I could get at. pressing insert t in jaws just gave me a no title
message.

I could access this fine when there was only the desktop but once other
applications were present it was necessary to use the mouse cursor to click on
a part of the window in order to bring it into focus and then I could tab
through it.

This is too much like hard work I am afraid. I can't give it more than 2.5 out
of 5 for accessibility.

I will try Kerio next and report on what I find.

Of the ones I have played with, Look and ?Stop does indeed look the most
accessible so may have to go with it anyway and just pay up!

Cheers

Graham