[access-uk] Re: colorino

Another comment to add, though I guess your wife will be sending it
back.  But a comment in general - I don't find it surprising that
colour identifiers get confused between, say, dark brown and black.
Different sighted people often give different answers to the question
"what colour is this?" when the colours are similar.  I think
identification of colour is very complicated and it doesn't surprise
me that the more capable identifiers cost loads - it's replicating the
functions of the human eye and brain after all.  Still yes it is
frustrating.  Personally I have a Cobolt colour identifier which is
probably the worst of the lot but can't afford the others; I still
find it useful though in conjunction with the sight I have got and my
remembering information about different garments.  I think with all
the technology in the world you're not going to replace the human
aspect in such a complex process.

A quote from Wikipedia:
The exact nature of color perception beyond the processing already
described, and indeed the status of color as a feature of the
perceived world or rather
as a feature of our perception of the world, is a matter of complex
and continuing philosophical dispute (see
qualia).

Catherine

Twitter:  CTurner1980
My blog: