[access-uk] Re: colin's query about talking point

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 23:20:30 +0100

Hi Colin

I wouldn't want to comment on this person as I don't really know the
situation.  That being said, generally I think a person only has a much
better prospect of being a successful user of speech recognition does still
take a little working at, though the accuracy of Dragon Naturally Speaking
version 9 seems quite remarkable from the demonstrations I have heard.  One
way of a more softly softly approach may be to arrange a detailed trial of
TalkingPoint, JSay or even both.

This could last about half a day for each product and include creation of a
voice profile so that this user could check out the products and be
convinced that he/she can work effectively and confidently with the
technology.  This would of course have a cost associated with it but if you
have a person who turns out to be a willing user of speech recognition
software, that cost of a trial could be money well spent.

I don't know what arrangements T&T or GHG have in place for trialling speech
recognition software, you would need to ask them and discuss the clients'
needs.

Regards

Graham