[access-uk] Re: cobolt scales and other talking gadgets

  • From: "Janet Tuggey" <janet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:59:44 -0000

Hi Mark and others

I was looking on Amazon recently and they seem to be selling a wide range of
talking gadgets now, such as kitchen and bathroom scales and talking
clocks/watches.

My bathroom scales are talking ones and they are made by a company called
Hanson, I bought them from Argos a few years ago and they seem pretty
accurate, they'll measure in quarter pounds (I don't really bother with
metric weights, unless it says so in recipes).

I know that Lakeland did recently sell a set of talking kitchen scales, but
not sure if they still have them.  But if you go onto the Amazon website and
put the word "talking" in the search box, you'll be surprised at just what
comes up.

Janet & Wheat, the silly Shepherd cross