[access-uk] Re: clean format, or what?

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:05:42 -0000

Hi Billy,

Looking at:-

http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up_vor.php

The executable is called "Nero551056.exe", which would make
the latest and last of this version of Nero 5.5.10.56

George.

Proud
> Sent: 26 January 2005 11:51
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: clean format, or what?
>
> George. is the very latest version 5.5?.
> Billy

"About
> Nero Burning Rom", it will give you the Version, such as
> 6.3.1.20.  If you do have version 6, the Nero say that it
> MUST be at least at this level for SP2.
>
> Once you know the Version, you can go to:-
>  http://www.neroting for.com/en/Updates.html
> And check it against the latest levels.
>
> However, you will find the latest 5.5 at:-
> http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up_vor.php
> Which is a free update.
>
> If you have Nero 5.5, I found the following on the Nero
web

http://www.nero.com/en/Support_News_N55_Over_length_Writable
> _Media_Problem.html
> Nero Burning Rom 5.5
> Over length Writable Media Problem
> If you record Over Length writable media, you may receive
an
> error message that there is not enough space to burn this
> compilation. The error is caused by the invalid
computation
> of disk space because Nero 5.5 doesn't support "Over
length
> writable media (CD-R/RW)". But there is a workaround
> available for this issue:
> If the following message is displayed in Nero 5.5, you can
> enable the Over Burning option to record normally.
>
> George.

Nero.
> > I've been having some problems with this program for
quite
> > while now.
> > In the burning section, when I was trying to burn MP3
> files
> > onto disk, the program will come up with the following
> error
> > message. There are too much data for the disk, please
> insert
> > a CDRW disk and continue. The problem is:
> > This message will come up even when it is a CDRW disk
that
> is
> > in the drive.
> > I've since, changed my CD/DVD combi drive, and now have
> DVD
> > Burner installed on the system, but I'm still getting
the
> > same error msg.
> > Do you think it might be the version of Nero I'm using,
> that
> > is the problem.
> > Which version of Nero should I be running with this DVD
> burner.
> > The burner was just fitted the other day, and the guy in
> the
> > computer shop, where I bought the drive, advised me to
run
> > different version of Nero for this drive.
> > Can you please tell me how I find which version is on my

> > system, and which version should be.
> > Billy

seemed
> > to be one) dragged their heels, and have caused users
much
> > grief.
> >
> > Best thing you can do is as much checking as you can to
> > ensure you have the latest versions approved for SP2 of
> > drivers and such like.
> >
> > George.

would
> > this
> > > be the best way to go. Are there any unforseen
problems
> > ahead
> > > if I use the recovery disk. Is it straight forward or
> > what?.
> > > Maybe there is a better way to format.
> > > I think most of my problems are to do with sp2.
> > > Billy
> > >

> > > --
> Date:
> > 19/01/2005
> > >
> > > ** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following
> > link:-
> > > **

> > > ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> > > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > ** and in the Subject line type
> > > ** unsubscribe
> > > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
click
[mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]

Date:

Date:

Date:

Date:
> 19/01/2005
> >
> > ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following
> link:-
> > **

> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click
on
> the
> > ** immediately-following link:-
> > ** or send a message, to
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq

> This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.
link:-
> **
the