[access-uk] Re: chip & pin banking

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:27:59 +0100

Ah, thanks for the clarification Derek.

That's nuts!

Dj PaddyÔà
----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 3:22 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: chip & pin banking

Barry said:
"I think the card readers will probably be usable enough providing
you get a bleep from the device and/or the onlien system tells you to enter
your pin, now."

No,  I think you may have misunderstood how the system will work.

After a card has been swiped, the customer enters a four-digit personal
identification number. That's easy  enough. However, The reader then
generates
an eight-digit code, which has to be entered on the website.
How would  the blind user know, what the eight-digit code is?

And remember,  you can't  just make a note of the  numbers  ready for next
time, because The code changes each time the chip and pin device is used.

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx