[access-uk] Re: cd rom drive not recognised

  • From: "alexander shannon " <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 22:00:59 +0100

Hi Jim,

I Had a similar problem to the one you describe, and if I
remember correctly, it was solved by someone sighted
re-installing the drivers for the CD ROM.  Therefore, might
I suggest that you try this first, always assuming you can
get knowledgeable sighted help, and that the drivers are
available on the web if you haven't got a disk with them on.

If the above suggestion doesn't work, then I would agree
with those who have replied to you so far, that the drive
needs to be replaced.

Alexander Shannon