[access-uk] Re: careful regarding a phone call i just received

  • From: Tristram Llewellyn <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:49:59 +0000

The business model here is simple, which frequently ends up in extortion.
1       Cold caller rings you claims they have detected a problem with your
Windows installation and offers to fix the problem.  Microsoft will never ring
you like this but most people don't know.
2       They direct you to a site to download their malware.
3       Once installed they can then extort money from you in order to get your
PC back essentially.

Don't get caught.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road