[access-uk] Re: brailleplus or icon?

  • From: Orhan Deniz <orhan.deniz63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 13:41:37 +0100

I don't know if the BrailleSense is multi-lingual. Hows your PM doing with french? Mine: the BrailleNote is suffering badly with converting french files in to .doc or rtf. So now I have to practically emboss all my work and get my assistant to transcribe my french. Not nice, i'll say. But it's the BrailleNote and the only option I've got apart from the perkins. Anyone who is up on GW micro, how is the BS with languages?

Orhan Deniz.
E-mail:
Orhan.Deniz63@xxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live ID:
orhan1793@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype:
Orhan.Deniz63

Blog:
http://WorldAndOther.wordpress.com
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/KVP2008
Last.fm profile:
http://www.last.fm/user/orhandeniz1993

On Sunday, July 06, 2008 10:22 AM will lomas wrote:
hi does it have a braille display on it?
if not apart from the braillenote and pac mate, what other PDA devices
are out there then that support foreign languages?
will

On 6 Jul 2008, at 09:49, Orhan Deniz wrote:

Hi will,
No unfortunately it is at this time impossible unless you are up for
it to get one of these. I say that because if you were daring
enough, you could get it shipped from america. How legal that is: I
don't know. But there is also the chance of it breaking and then you
haven't got any support in the UK.
I agree that this is an unfare disadvantage.

Orhan Deniz.
E-mail:
Orhan.Deniz63@xxxxxxxxx
MSN/Windows Live ID:
orhan1793@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype:
Orhan.Deniz63

Blog:
http://WorldAndOther.wordpress.com
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/KVP2008
Last.fm profile:
http://www.last.fm/user/orhandeniz1993

On Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:44 AM will lomas wrote:
hi to all

has anyone managed to get a braille plus from APH, or the Icon from
level star?
if there is no UK dealer this seems an unfair disadvantage
regards will