[access-uk] Re: braille display

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:53:34 -0000

Well Terry in that case why not just flood the market with the most expensive and very good braille displays? Why have these cheaper models then?

Incidentally in relation to Braille and a blind jperson demonstrating the braille displays, when I did a Rehabilitation Worker course, out of 12 people on the course, I was the only visually impaired one, thus 11 sighted people to teach braille to blind people. Again if I am correct, you run your own company and I would expect you have access to top quality equipment too. I had hoped to have Dragon, Jaws and apparently some intermediate programme to run Jaws with dragon, in fact I had Jaws. When the Open University heard the price of the equipment they declined saying that they would pay for sighted support as this would be cheaper. I had no say in the matter, assessment or not! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry Clasper" <terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>