[access-uk] Re: black out?

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:28:47 +0100

That may be a unhappy coincidence.  Are there any beeps being emmited from
the machine, even if the graphics card doesn't work or is not inserted into
the slot you should get error beeps of some kind.  If you don't get these,
and definitely can verify that power is getting to the PC and monitor is
working then it sounds like the motherboard has had it's chips.  It
certainly may require the services of an enginneer if the PC doesn't seem to
be going through it's power on self test.  If the BIOS is running then it
should be doing this.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology