[access-uk] Re: bbc seven

  • From: <Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:53:57 -0000

Hi all,

one of the things I'd change about BBC7/Radio 4 Extra would be to draw
more on spoken word output from other national networks. Some of the
best comedy from Radio 2 might be worth featuring. There were also some
pretty good dramas on radio 2 in the mid nineties, such as the
dramatisation of A Town Like Alice. I wonder too whether some of the
radio 1 comedy output of the late eighties would stand the test of time,
in particular the Mary Whitehouse Experience and Victor Lewis Smith.
Then there's some of the less esoteric radio 3 drama. Is any of this
more or less likely to get an airing on the station re-branded as 4
extra rather than BBC7, or maybe the branding would have no effect
whatsoever on inclusion of non-radio-4 material. Finally, the station
could do with at least one more slot into which one-off 60-minute dramas
would fit, and one for thirty-minute theatre. I've never thought of the
change from BBC7 to R4 Extra as savings-driven.

Best,
Clive

Clive Lever
Diversity and Equality Officer