[access-uk] Re: bbc freesat

  • From: "Rays Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 19:58:27 +0100

Ok, so I'm not the world authority on Free Sat - especially as I cannot use satalite reception, but I thought I'd heard either that Sky didn't want to carry the free stuff any longer, or that the BBC and ITV figured they could do it more cheaply themselves if Murdoch was winding the price up of them using his platform.

I could have it entirely wrong, but thank goodness I can receive Freeview. As for my viewing? Afraid I'm a boring BBC4 viewer.

Cheers,
Ray.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Georgina Joyce" <gena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi

I understand that this FreeSat is HD which you don't get free with Sky.
Oh well, it still looks the same to me! <giggles>

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 16:07 +0100, Jackie Cairns wrote:
Yes I agree with you. I'm confuzzled about this myself. What is it going
to do that Sky doesn't already offer, or the current Freeview setup?  Can
you subscribe to extra premium channels like sport?

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx