[access-uk] Re: bar code readers

Hi Tink,

OK, time to clear up a little confusion.  Voi-la is not a bar code=20
scanner.  It only only only scans its own proprietary labels.  This means=20
that if you try to scan something that doesn't have one of the Voi-La's=20
labels on it, you will get diddly-squat.  On the other hand, bar code=20
scanners, such as ID-Mate and Scanacan, do not need these special labels,=20
but scan the bar codes that are already on the tins or CDs or any=20
commercial product you could name.  So the Voi-la, while quite a good idea,=
=20
is only of limited use in that area.  As you said earlier, if you have over=
=20
200 items, forget it.

All the best

At 09:37 31/07/2004, L=E9onie Watson spake these words of wisdom
 >Hi,
 >
 >    This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but a solution could
 >be the Voila! bar code reader.
 >
 >    Full information and pricing can be found from vendors Cobolt=
 Systems:-
=
 >http://www.cobolt.co.uk/cobs/product.asp?mscssid=3D1RHPR8VTSDNW8L35W4SWMTM=
USRQ

Telephone mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938, Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk
--
For a company brochure, send an empty message to Info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the quotes in the body of the message.  To join the tutorials list,

** vacation ## d