[access-uk] Re: bar code readers

  • From: Steve Nutt <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 06:43:23 +0100

Hi Carol,

The other point to note with any scanner like Scanacan, is that you are
tied to your computer.  So if your kitchin larder is downstairs, and your
computer is up, and you have no wireless bar code scanner, then it won't be
much fun lugging tins upstairs, just to find out what's in them
<Smile>.  And before anyone asks, I haven't seen a wireless bar code
scanner yet for a computer.  The only portable scanner, i.e. not tied to
any type of computer, as far as I know, is the ID Mate, which is
distributed by Force Ten (http://www.forcetenco.co.uk).

Hope this helps.

All the best

At 19:15 30/07/2004, carol pearson spake these words of wisdom

Telephone mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938, Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk
--
For a company brochure, send an empty message to Info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the quotes in the body of the message.  To join the tutorials list,

** vacation ## d