[access-uk] Re: authorising jaws

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 22:12:34 +0000

I can switch to sapi 4 when using SA no problem.

HI. May be it's a problem on Serotek's side of things. It won't even let me switch to sapi4. It just says failed to switch to this speech engine. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Saqib <saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 06:14:30 PM

Windows Eyes also ships with the lovelly and formiliar Eloquence voices as
well. I hate that Deck Talks because its too robotic and is also one of the
System Access speech engines. I wish they would get shot of it and bring in
Eloquence.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/01/2009 10:54 pm

Hi Damon,

If this is the NC10, it has this horrible thing on it called Mcafee
Security.  When you try to authorise JAWS, there is a window that
comes up
in Mcafee, saying do you want to allow JAWS to access the Internet?
Say
yes, and you'll be OK.  Alternatively, uninstall that crap and you'll
work
just fine.

All the best

Steve

Message sent at 06:26:15 PM GMT on Tuesday, January 06, 2009