[access-uk] Re: anti virus and firewall solutions, any suggestions?

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:17:47 -0000

Martin,
I would strongly recommend NOD32.  Not only does  it seem to be an excellent
antivirus program but after removing all the Symantec stuff from my system and
putting
on NOD32, everything is speeded up greatly including boot up.

I am using the free Sygate as a separate firewall but the news from Symantec
leads me
to think that before long I will need something else.   I am currently trying
out Zone
Alarm on a spare machine.  In addition to the basic program with firewall
capability only
there are paid for packages with antivirus and anti spyware as well.   If you
really want
to have a single product that might be a route worth following up.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison