[access-uk] access-uk] Re: avg free edition

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:36:28 +0100

Sorry if this may have got through before, but I haven't seen it. on the
Antivirus front, I wonder if anyone has tried  Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro

It seems to have had very good mentions in the press, not that I always take
that as a good sign.  The company reckons to distribute updates hourly, which
indicates to me that its likely aimed primarily at business users.  Anyone know
more, or have experience using it?

Barry and others are quite right:  Free doesn't necessarily mean inferior or
sub-standard.  The people in the open source community tend very much to be men
and women who take a pride in well crafted writing of software.   The same can
apply to commercial software, and remember that a free offering, if it works
propperly, is the best intro possible for those interested in a fully supported
paid-for version.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx