[access-uk] Re: accessing dialysis

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:44:05 -0000

My wife has been on dialysis many times over the past number of years between
transplants and, although being blind, has never come across a talking dialysis
machine. A thought that comes to mind, although maybe not too helpful, is with
current advances in technology some mobile phones can take good enough pictures
of screens and then can OCR the results either on board the phone or when the
pictures are transferred to PC. The likelihood is that if the screen changes
regularly this may not be all that helpful, but it is not impossible that if
snapshots were taken regularly an update might be able to be heard when the
results are OCRed.

Gordon McFarlane