[access-uk] Re: accessible running machines/tread mills

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:26:58 +0100

Hi Wendy

I've tried several at a gym, and most are completely inaccessible.  I've had a
feel of a couple in sports shops, but the displays generally have
touch-sensitive buttons that feel part of the fascia.  The more facilities and
gimmicky add-ons they have, the more complicated they will likely be to use
because a menu system will ensure you have to know where to go.

You could try a very basic model, which may have less features for you to worry
about, and perhaps get the display area marked with something to identify some
of the buttons.  But I'd also like to know if there are any more reasonably
accessible machines out there as well, because my experience tells me there
aren't.

Jackie