[access-uk] Re: accessible mp3 recorder - any recommendations?

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:23:39 +0100

Hi Steve.

That's great news about the microphone and preamp.  I wonder if Neal Ewers
is aware of this?  He could do an update to his earlier casts.  There are
many Blind Cool Tech Ederal users and I've not seen any mail on the list
regarding this new mic and preamp.

I agree with you to some extent about the Olympus.  It's a pity it could not
record in mp3.  Although this can be done quite easily with GoldWave or
Sound Forge, it means that the recording has been compressed twice, and that
must affect the final quality.  Despite this Steve, my farm podcast, which
is on the BCT site is very clear, though I was using a pair of BSM 9
binaural microphones.

Now the Zoom.  Goodness, this is a different creature all together Steve.
Have you heard Neal or Ray's cast on it?  It's a fantastic recorder and the
recording is very loud and clear as a bell.  However, like all of these
devices, it does have it's problems.  The menu system is a nightmare and the
batteries only last four hours  I've not yet done a podcast, but I'm
recording a local band in my local pub and the quality is amazing.

Got to go now and start making dinner.

Best wishes.

Andy