[access-uk] Re: accessible kindles

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 16:18:56 +0100

Hi Mark,

Even though the Kindle Touch has speech, you can’t use it.  The reason?  Well
pretty obvious really.  While it will read the book just fine, you can’t
start/stop reading, turn it on and off in the menus, or even access the menus,
because the screen is a touch screen, and guess what?  The screen is not
accessible.

Good enough?

All the best

Steve