From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 11:17 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: accessible internet service providers

I've had that one too, Jackie, time and again in fact.  How many times I say
"I cannot see at all" and they immediately respond with a request for me to
"look at something"!  Still, all in a day's work!

I think I agree with George on this one.  We do need to try to learn as much
as we can about our own screen reader and how to manipulate pages on the WEB
so that ISPS' technical staff can treat us, in the main, much like any other
person.  Hopefully they'll give us a little more time to digest things and
offer further explanations where they can, but I reckon that is the best we
can expect.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx