[access-uk] Re: [access-auk] Re: In Touch Action Line

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 15:27:03 -0000

It may be the case that negative news is the news that sells, but programmes
like In Touch which rightly report negative news stories also surely have a
duty to report the positives about the public service bodies which they have
already negatively covered. In the case of the NHS, visually impaired people
need to know that not all stays in hospitals have been either a journey into
terror or a constant battle against what appear to be incompetent or
uncaring staff. My own experience tells me that despite everything we have
heard, there is still a lot of good in the NHS.

Iain