[access-uk] Re: access to info from hospital

Perhaps you should show them the info below from the direct gov site.  It's
pretty simple really, they need to get their act together.  Hospitals and so
on often say that their systems are automated, and they can't separate
special requirements.  One solution to this approach may be to ensure that
communications re your records are directed somewhere else within the
organisation for manual processing.  Whatever the answer, it's not for you
to find it, although suggesting a solution may result in a quicker
resolution of the problem.  Info follows:

"The Equality Act 2010 gives disabled people rights not to be discriminated
against or harassed in access to health services and social services. This
includes in services provided at doctors' surgeries and hospitals.

Adjustments have to be made for you when accessing services where it is
reasonable for the service provider to make these adjustments. This might
include the provision of information about healthcare and social services in
a format that is accessible to you."

Richard Godfrey-McKay

Telephone: 01738-445 880

Mobile: 07791 452 593