[access-uk] Re: a

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:38:59 +0100

Like biological viruses, computer viruses can do just about anything,
including blocking access to the internet (isn't that what the MS
blaster worm did?). Anyway to remove them from the virus vault, from the
AVG test centre go to the programme menu with alt p, and press enter on
launch AVG virus vault. Can't remember what to do from there, but I
guess you would select all the files in the list and somewhere on the
menus would be a delete selected file(s) item or similar. Sorry if
that's too vague, but I hope that helps anyway.
On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 08:47:24 +0100, "Mandy" <manumandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> AVG Virus Volt.    I've been using A AVG for a long time but thankfully
> rarely come up against problems.
> We've been having trouble where the internet cut out in as much as can't
> get onto sites but can receive email and use msn. Virgin Media said there
> are problems but today after an automatic AVG scan which I do daily there
> were trogents and I think they are now in the virus volt at least one is.
> How do   I remove these altogether?
> I performed a complete AdAware scan picked up 6 objects although i don't
> know what they were.
>
> Do you think a virus would block access to internet sites for all of our
> three computers?
>
> Mandy.
Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail: chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx