[access-uk] Re: Yahoogroups

  • From: <alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 22:45:27 +0100

I used to run a yahoogroup list but moved it to googlegroups, for many
reasons, people being put on bounce status being only one of them.  The
problem is that once you start bouncing on one list, you will enventually
not be able to receive mail from other yahoogroups lists you are subscribed
to.  The mods need to be vigilant in checking their lists to see who is
bouncing, but once someone has been reactivated on a list, they will be on
any others on yahoogroups.  I believe you can do this yourself if you have
an account with them, but you can't if you don't I'm afraid.  You have to
rely on the moderators to sort you out if you don't have an account.  I
found the service to be a pain in the but eventually, and i took my group
off.

Alex
skype name: grytpype2006
windows live messenger name: alex.thynne