[access-uk] Re: Word

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 06:43:00 -0000

Peter,

If the AutoCorrect feature is turned on, Word replaces some of the
things typed with something else. Most commonly this is used to correct
common misspellings, but it also replaces three dots typed without
spaces between them with an ellipsis, which is a single character. It
sounds like the author of this document had the feature turned on.

AutoCorrect doesn't work anywhere except within a document, so when you
do your search and type in three dots, that's what is searched for, and
ellipses aren't found. Instead, in the Find what area press Alt +
Control + dot and the search will find ellipses.

If you want to check or change the AutoCorrect setting, go to the Tools
menu and choose AutoCorrect. Shift + Tab and you'll be on a checkbox; if
it's checked, the facility is turned on. Uncheck it to turn the facility
off.

Steve