[access-uk] Re: Wireless connection to a laptop

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:53:44 +0100

A model number would be most helpful, but if you have access to somebodies pair
of eyes having a look at the bottom panel is instructive as certainly on both
Toshiba laptops I have owned have labels stating compliance for Wi-Fi or
bluetooth which are good indicators that those adaptors are there.

If you look in "device manager" under "network adaptors" you should certainly
find your enternet adaptor, possible a 1394 adaptor for Firewire networking,
and then a third possible described as a Wireless Lan adaptor.

If you have the Wireless adaptor you potentially have all you need to hook up
to a wireless router.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology