[access-uk] Winzip and executables.

  • From: chairman@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:52:57 +0100

Greetings,

I use WindowsM.E (no rude comments please!) on an Evesham laptop.  I have
WinZip v9.1 correctly installed on my system, it is fully licenced to me,
it has been upgraded since v7.0 and I also have the command processor.

On most occasions, when I access a winZip executable file, I see the "run
WinZip" button, which, when activated, enables me to view the individual
components within the executable.

I have been able to do this, whether or not the executable contains a
comment.

I have a file containing SoundForge scripts which has a comment, the file
is dated sometime in 2001, I closed the comment and went to the "Run
WinZip" button in order to view any documents which may have been included.

When I entered on this button in the normal way, the program came up and
said it couldn't find WinZip on my system.

The program is correctly installed in my c:\program files\winzip folder as
per default and the desktop shortcut refers to the program so installed.

I wonder why this happens and how to get round it?

All the best

from:

Colin R. Howard.