[access-uk] Windows xp sp2 licence

  • From: "Marie BAISEZ" <marie.baisez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:21:01 +0200

Hi all,
Because my system is 6 years old now and is showing signs of fatigue in spite of processor and mother board upgrade, I'm thinking of buying an entirely new set-up.
As I live in France everything comes with French versions of Windows and MS office installed.
I find it much more comfortable to use an English version. Could I uninstall the French version of windows pre-installed on a new set-up and install my own version, an upgrade of WIN ME? Do I then have to re-activate Windows? or must I buy a brand new copy of the operating system?I have seen some pcs sold without any OS installed, would one of those allow me to install my own version of Windows?
As you see, am not sure about what is allowed by Microsoft and what is best for smooth operation.
Please enlighten me.

All the best to one and all,

Marie