[access-uk] Re: Windows update help please

  • From: "Ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:08:46 +0200

Could someone tell me how to get to this box using JAWS, I have the same problem with running activeX controls.

Thanks
Ari
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Beasley" <p.beasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf
Of Douglas Harrison

Peter, I wasted a lot of time yesterday over  the same problem.  It
wanted to install anActive
X control before letting me go ahead and (using Hal) I could not get
to the Information Bar
to allow it.

I got round the problem by enabling Automatic Updates in the Control
Panel - four updates
were downloaded and installed yesterday evening that way, and to my
surprise the Windows
update web page works normally today.

Douglas