[access-uk] Re: Windows Vista accessibility

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:09:53 +0100

Damon, there was quite a lot of info on Vista during a recent Main Menu
airing which I don't think has made it to the archives as yet.  Although
Window-Eyes was being used in that demonstration much of the presentation
from a Microsoft guy was obviously much more general about UI automation and
the steps towards reaching the goal of much better access in Vista.  I got
the impression there is still a lot of writing and re-writing of code going
on at MS - not to mention screen reader vendors!  Getting from MSAA to UI
Automation doesn't sound as if its going to be altogether straightforward.!

The recording was rather poor and things weren't helped by the MS guy not
being keyboard savvy.

Also, the edition of Main Menu for 19th. April has some vague mentions of
JAWS 8.

I'll try and keep this list posted when the MM archive gets updated, or
maybe someone else will.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx