[access-uk] Windows Vista 64

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:12:34 -0000

Hi folks,

After I got back home with my PC and attempted to install JFW v9 on it I
discovered it's 64bit Vista!

There's know way I know to revert this to a 32 bit platform, upgrading from 32
to 64 bit is possible but not the other way?

Now I'm not willing to go out and buy a 32 bit OS, then go to the hassle of
writing an unattend file for it.  I believe this is going backwards, 64 bit
does have allot of technical advantages.

Trouble is screenreader support...

I see JFW 10 has a public beta for 64 bit and Win Eyes v7.1 when released will
include support.  I have also gathered that System Access currently supports 64
bit.  Trouble is I hate Dectalk, and dont' find Neo Speech or the like
utiliterian enough for my needs.  I'm an Elaquince fan boy, rightly or wrongly,
but there it is.

Is this the way it currently stands and can anyone offer me an insentive to
downgrade, as that's what I see it being to a 32 bit platform?

Really annoyed as having to reboot my new quad core every 40 minutes because I
can't see the screen and am forced to use adaptive technology!

Cheers,
Dj Paddy
Barry

Tell me and I will hear, show me and I will see,
involve me and I will understand.

Chinese Proverb

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time
that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. -Oscar Wilde, 1856-1900"