[access-uk] Winamp problem

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 17:46:40 +0100

Hi,

I'm using Winamp 5.21 and JAWS 7.0. Things were fine with Winamp but now I can't get it to read things properly. Two problems that are happening at the moment are, firstly, I go into it and press l to open a file but then the upgrade message comes. I know it's there because JAWS says something about it if I do JAWS Key t, but I can't get JAWS to read any buttons in it; I can read a message about the new version with the JAWS cursor but can't find any buttons with that either.

Theln I pressed alt and l because I remembered last time I could read that message one of the buttons was "Later" so I thought if I press alt l it'll activate the "Later" button. Instead it brought up a message about a media library; so I thought I'd close that and ctrl f4 worked. But now I can't get the open file dialog to come up, when I press l nothing happens. When I alt tab away from Winamp and back again, JAWS says "Player window. No Winamp windows are open". How can I get the other windows to open and has anyone got any ideas why JAWS just seems to be behaving strangely now?

Catherine
**
Skype: darkitude
MSN: catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx