[access-uk] Win 7 Desktop randomly wakes up from sleep mode

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:40:56 -0000

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone here might have some insight into what's going on
here.  I've got the opposite problem to what many usually have.  My Windows
7 desktop will randomly wake up from sleep mode for no reason.  I've checked
none of the scheduled tasks are set to do this, and also sometimes I've
noticed it won't happen at all, but sometimes it'll happen within a few
minutes of me putting it to sleep.  So I wait and put it to sleep again, but
a few minutes later it's up and running again.  Oh, and needless to say this
happens even when I'm nowhere near the thing!

Anyone got any clues on what's happening here?  I'm sure it's not a WOL
issue either.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,