[access-uk] Re: Will this router/modem do the job?

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:23:16 -0000

Hi Andy.

You should really find that setup of the router is pretty self-explanitory assuming you are aware of which level of wireless security to go for. While some of the general terminology may not be readily understandable without a little research, I don't think the router is really to blame here.

I would say that if you don't intend to use any wireless devices at the moment you should disable the wireless part to be safe. the wireless connection is quite understandably not secure by default but I would rather it defaulted to Off rather than On.

Cheers

Graham

Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493