[access-uk] Re: Which calendar app?

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:04:16 -0000

Hi Adrian,

Might I suggest you pose the same question on the JAWS-UK
list, where there appear to be quite a few Outlook users who
may be able to provide you with a solution.

Of course it's entirely possible you may have struck on some
problems, in which case, you may be sure that they will be
checked out locally, and if confirmed, passed on very
quickly to Freedom Scientific.

George Bell.

higginbotham
> Sent: 26 January 2005 13:25
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Which calendar app?
>

> Adrian Higginbotham
> Accessibility and inclusion adviser
> British Educational Communications and Technology Agency -
BECTA
> Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Internal extension #2287
> Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
> BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ
Hi list:
> I'm finding that outlook calendar with jfw isn't really
> proving very effective for me, is there something better
out
> there, preferably which can be cynchronised with outlook,
a,
> so I can port existing appointments across and B, so I can

> keep Outlook up to date for colleagues viewing my
availability.
> Alternatively am I just not using Outlook properly? I've
read
> outlook and jfw help and it all sort of works as described

> but it just isn't as efficient as I'd like.  For example,
if
> I have several meetings in a day one of which is recurring
> hear "recurring" for every appointment, at present all my
> appointments are announced as being p.m when infact many
are
> a.m.  If I switch from the day view to the active
> appointments the list generated bears little resemblance
> the appointments I have, for example a number of blank
slots
> may be shown, and where there are appointment details they

> are cropped so that I hear the date and time but little if

> any of other essential fields such as name or location.
> Using the enter key to enter meeting details seems to do
nothing.
> Generally speaking it's very unsatisfactory.
> Is it just me?
> Adrian Higginbotham
> Accessibility and inclusion adviser
> British Educational Communications and Technology Agency -
BECTA
> Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Internal extension #2287
> Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
> BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ

link:-