[access-uk] Re: Which Office and Vista with JAWS?

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 09:29:21 +0100

I would second Brian's opinion that as far as the Windows VISTA interface is
concerned JAWS works perfectly well out of the box in the control panels and
associated tools.  I would also however like to add that you can use Office
2003 quite safely with Windows VISTA as an alternative.

I realise that the ribbon may be a bold step in interface design and that
eventually we'll all have to get to grips with it, but I know that since this
is much more a productivity tool than Windows itself you may want to go with
the familiar if you are not some major power user or at least have the choice.
I also have come accross the odd sighted person who has difficulties with the
ribbon although they are probably in the minority perhaps.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support