[access-uk] Re: Where does this leave the Panasonic TV?

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 09:42:11 +0100

Hi Darren

Well we only replaced our TV last year, so will definitely NOT be investing
any more money in a television that speaks only half its menus.  As far as
we are concerned, we wanted a recordable, talking Freeview box with good
speech and sensible features.  It's arrived in the shape of the TVonics, and
that will do us.  I would just love to see proper speech facilities, not
half-baked attempts, put into all domestic appliances.  I don't want the
speech to be patronising and hold my hand as I cook or sort the washing, I'd
just like sensible feedback as to what I'm doing with the various programmes
and menus.  We don't need: "door open, door closed", we just need sensible
information in say a washing-machine, cooker, TV, DAB radio etc.  It will
come, but maybe after some of us are no longer around? (smiles).

And I guess you are right in what you pointed out about the speech as one
skips through the AV menu in your previous message.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns