[access-uk] Re: What podcasts, streams and radio do blind users here listen to?

  • From: Catherine Turner <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 21:03:29 +0000

Hi,

I'm not worried/bothered about preloading of streams etc as I think
you've made your case strongly - there is a demand for this, and I
think it's a good thing to have that choice.  I'm a little concerned
that you want the streams to focus on blindness, as it makes me think
"blind people are surely interested in things other than blindness".
Hopefully your questions here are part of some wider research for
choosing streams/podcasts.  I'm sure they are, as you seem to be doing
a lot of careful research, but I just wanted to raise the point that
blind people have interests other than those related to blindness.

Now on to answering your question - how about BBC Ouch.  One I listen
to regularly, and the only podcast I have that's blindness/disability
related.  I do have a lot of feeds disability/blindness related, but
none of the others have regular audio content.

BBC Ouch!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/podcast/

hth,
Catherine