[access-uk] What do you consider inaccessible?

  • From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:21:14 +0100

In all my web browsing, I find that my biggest problem is websites that
make jaws freeze or whip the cursor away.

Lots of talk goes into accessibility of websites, putting in alt text,
adding header tags, but the worst sites are the dynamic ones that have
oodles of functionality and applets ... even if you don't use them they
seem to affect the readability of the page.

Usually I just want to read a page. I can live without header tags and
alt text and the other little accessibliity tickboxes like using CSS
structuring instead of tables. I can live with all that ... but I can't
use websites that jump around all over the place cos they're loaded with
fun.

What I want to know is ... is it just me? Please respond because I'm
keen to refocus the accessibility debate if I'm right.

...Damon

Damon Rose
Senior Content Producer bbc.co.uk/ouch
BBC Vision Learning

Tel: 020 8752 4427 (x0224427)
email: damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx

Have you heard the award-winning Ouch! Talk Show yet? A razor sharp
disability podcast presented by Mat Fraser and Liz Carr:
www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/podcast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.