[access-uk] Re: What Now?

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:18:47 +0100

Mandy, it basically means that the port(s) for actual web browsing may
be blocked, not the internet itself. So what may have happened in your
case is that the router may have blocked access to the world wide web
but not for MSN/E-mail. Hope that helps.
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:28:39 +0100, "Mandy" <manumandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> I've reversed my restore so at least AVG is gone and NOD is back so what
> next? If the port(so) for browsing the internet are blocked wouldn't that
> prevent the use of the internet all of the time?
> Is the only real answer a complete reformat?
>
> Mandy.
Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail: chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name chrishallsworth7266