[access-uk] Re: Website preferences

  • From: "Emma Tracey" <Emma.Tracey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 13:25:00 -0000

Hi Bim

I'll have to go with the overwhelming majority and say option C.

As someone said earlier, the online shopping experience is evolving for
everyone, sighted and non-sighted.  This is mostly a positive thing in
my view, giving more choice and a more pleasant journey through the
process.  If all the graphics, boxes, buttons etc are labelled and the
AT user has the ability to search for words on a webpage, I'd have
thought numerous keystrokes wouldn't be necessary to complete the
transaction.

Developers are never going to spend the extra cash on special websites,
particularly in these times.  Text sights are never well maintained and
often involve lots of scrolling which is tiresome for anyone.

Regards

Emma Tracey
Content Producer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch