[access-uk] Re: Website preferences

  • From: "Colin Fowler" <col.fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 09:57:17 -0000

Bim,
The example you give isn't exclusive to online supermarket shopping. The range of choice and confusing information is how supermarkets have developed over the years. It is information overload whether you shop online or in the store direct. What the online option should mirror is the physical shopping experience as much as possible, and if that includes swopping about the layout periodically so that people aren't familiar with that store and spend more time online or physically within the store trying to find things, what is wrong with that? these companies are business's after all, they have share holders to report to, and as long as both ther online and instore are inclusive and accessible, complying with whatever guidelines and legislation that is in place the onus has to be on the developers of the access technology solutions that are being used to access the online shopping portal.

Colin Fowler

----- Original Message ----- From: "Egan, Bim" <Bim.Egan@xxxxxxxxxxx>