[access-uk] Re: Website preferences

This would match my experience of people who use a certain Access technology solution which sits on top of and shields people from the operating system. There soon comes a time when they want to do something slightly outside the product's box. By this time, they have paid a lot of money and are being ,limited in their access by the access technology solution.

Iain

-----Original Message----- From: Colin Fowler
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:39 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Website preferences

Hi Bim,

I think that the answer is simple, in just the same manner that a motorist
wouldn't purchase a car that wouldn't reverse customers of access technology
shouldn't be sold technology that can't access web pages that comply with
BS8878. If web designers and content producers are doing the most to meet
these guidelines then there should be a similar standard for the access
technology manufacturers to meet.

Once again you get what you pay for in life, the trouble is that certain
solutions to access technology are sold to people who haven't ever
experienced access technology before, they aren't necessarily able to get an
impartial and independent view to what access technology they should be
choosing, and before they know where they are they have purchased access
technology that isn't able to progress at perhaps the same speed as their
own PC intellect. So they end up with access technology that can't access
webpages and then the argument is raised such as you have in your original
post.

Perhaps what we should be doing is asking WHICH to do an impartial review on
access technology?

Colin Fowler

that
----- Original Message ----- From: "Egan, Bim" <Bim.Egan@xxxxxxxxxxx>