[access-uk] Re: Webbie and lost file

  • From: Alasdair King <alasdairking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 21:28:22 +0100

OK, I've updated the installer:
http://download.webbie.org.uk/WebbIE3-Installer.msi

I built previous versions to make updates more efficient, but this one is
built to work more reliably, so it should help.

If that doesn't work, try:
1 Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and uninstall WebbIE manually.
Then reinstall.
2 Go carefully through your Desktop and the Downloads folder making sure
you don't have any WebbIE installer files you don't expect. You might have
some called WebbIE3-Installer (2), for example, and installation is getting
confused.

Shortcuts get placed in the main program folder so it's easier to get to
them: that's not a bug.

You shouldn't have to reinstall Windows or anything like that. Let me know
how you get on.

Best wishes,
Alasdair
WebbIE